The new version of Gateway's CPD Manager, which has been successfully launched in twelve Scottish local authorities, provides the option for inter authority cooperation and joint expansion. It is more generic and meets the requirements of different sectors e.g. Education, APT&C and Social Work. You can now:
- store relevant documents which can be customised and be attached to a course;
- access a range of standard reports;
- present staff with a library of distance learning materials (if available within their council) and record what has been completed;
- view courses, share them with neighbouring councils and tag them for different sectors e.g. HGIOS or PDP/PRD competencies;
- view a map of the location for a course;
- add delegates to a waiting list if the course is full.
In addition, a new version of the Plan has been developed in conjunction with North Lanarkshire (a pilot area for the General Teaching Council Scotland - Professional Update) & the GTCS. This consists of one or more area for development with the potential activities for each area identified and recorded in their Plan. Staffs' GTC record is automatically updated when these activities have been signed off by their line manager.