"Since August, 2013, Falkirk Council has been using CPD Manager. The system has enabled us to seamlessly and effectively manage the processes of:
- viewing, booking and critically reflecting on professional learning opportunities
- Employee Review and Development
- Professional Update (for GTC Scotland registered staff)
Using CPD Manager to manage both ERD and Professional Learning has allowed the Service to react more swiftly on an ongoing basis to changing trends in relation to professional development and has resulted in:
- A reduction in paperwork and associated printing costs
- No more printed acknowledgments and evaluations
- A more efficient CPD process
- Reduced staff administration time / improved communication across the service / ease of access
- Robust intelligence relating to feasibility of/need for CPD
- Decisions on course viability, linkage to service and school priorities, enabling effective resource management
- Robust intelligence relating to emerging professional learning needs
- We are focussing on what we KNOW we need to focus on not what we THINK we need to focus on
- CPD, ERD, and Professional update are now all linked in one place
- Saving on development, training, and running costs in one integrated system
Gateway staff have been extremely supportive, flexible and efficient in responding to the development needs of our Authority and we look forward to continuing our productive relationship."
Claudia Chalmers, System Support and Employee Resource Development Officer, Falkirk Council
"Part of my role within Renfrewshire Council is to co-ordinate training across the authority for over 2000 employees.
Using CPD Manager allows you to create and advertise a course which staff can easily sign up for from across the authority.
The functions I find most useful are the calendar view, reporting tool, ease of adding/ transferring staff to other establishments, ability to create a delegate list and the ease of amending a live course.
In terms of service from Gateway I am always impressed how quickly any issues I have are resolved and how helpful the staff are.
Ross McLauchlan, IT Support and Staff Development Officer, Renfrewshire